Friday, January 1, 2016

1st Post ---- Can't Believe I'm Doing This!

SO....I'm doing it!




I'm not much one for writing. I really don't feel that my thoughts and expressions come across in a clear manner, however, I love being a father and that's why I'm doing this!

First off, here's my story.


My name is Jacob. I live in small town, MS. I'm 30 as of this post. Christ follower, husband, father. I've been married to Melissa for 10 very eventful years.  During this time, God has blessed me with 3 awesome kids, ages 10, 8, 5. I work for a regional bank during the day and at night I help my wife with her jewelry business... www.allforhimjewelry.com ....check it out! She's amazing at creating one of a kind pieces and she loves creating fan jewelry too.  Good stuff for the Harry Potter, Dr. Who, and Sherlock fans in your life!

Growing up, I had a great example of what it means to be a father. My biological father ran off before I was born. My dad adopted me when I was about 10, he's been the only dad I've ever known.  I met my wife during my sophomore year of college and we quickly hit it off.  I'm not ashamed to say it wasn't long before we were expecting our first child. I will always remember the day I found out Melissa was pregnant and how I felt. Words cannot express the joy and excitement but also the fear that came along with knowing I would be helping to raise a human being.

It was at this point I realized my dad was a great example but I didn't have a clue what I was suppose to do. I honestly had never changed diapers, never been around babies, didn't know how to take care of them..I was worried sick. Nine months later, Hannah was born and my dad senses kicked in. Lots to learn but we figured it out together.

Fast forward 2 more kids and 9 years later. I now volunteer at my local church where I help teach a crazy fun group of 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. NEVER would I have imagined my love for kids before getting married and the birth of our baby girl.

And that's why I'm doing this. I've had some fun experiences with my kids. I've had some scary experiences with my kids. I've had some sad experiences, but God has carried my family through every single one and he continues to bless us.  I pray that through this blog I can share what He's done for us and how He teaches me to be a better husband and father.

I want to be a dad blogger, I want to have that title, I would love to go to Dad Blogging conferences and connect with Dad Bloggers around the world. I want to share what I learn from other dads and how to apply these things to your own lives.

Follow me on twitter @Daddysdo and let's continue the conversation.  

Comment and let me know what it means to you to be a dad

No comments:

Post a Comment